While tops or jackets are reserved only for women in full-contact fighting, kickboxing pants are required in every discipline. Especially in competitions, it also becomes important for your admission, which pants you wear. We present you popular kickboxing pants and answer, among other things, the question of whether short or long pants should be used.
In 30 seconds the most important:
- The question of whether you need short or long kickboxing pants depends on the discipline (see table below).
- There are special sizes and styles for women, men and children, but a rough size is enough, because the elastic band fixes the pants well.
- Choose a model (or material) that is machine washable and skin-friendly, and can absorb sweat.
- In Thailand hergestellt.
- Seitliche Aussparungen: speziell entworfen, um Ihre...
- Breiter traditioneller Bund mit Kordelzug: für optimalen...
Buy popular kickboxer pants
Buy popular kickboxing pants
If you want to buy kickboxing pants and are not yet committed to a particular manufacturer, just look at the following offers. They were rated as good by previous buyers, maybe there is one for you:
|1||BAY® "EDEL Stick Kickboxhose, Größe 170, schwarz mit roten Seitenstreifen, gestickte Schrift...||26,90 EUR||Amazon|
|2||adidas Hose Kickboxen Kickboxing Pants, Schwarz/Grau, 150||39,95 EUR 19,95 EUR||Amazon|
|3||LNX Kickboxhose X-Mesh schwarz/schwarz (001) XL||29,95 EUR||Amazon|
|4||adidas Full Contact Kickboxhose, rot, 200||24,95 EUR||Amazon|
|5||EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT BUT KICKBOXING IS IMPORTANTER: BLANK LINED NOTEBOOK | NOTEPAD, DIARY, JOURNAL...||6,31 EUR||Amazon|
FAQ: 5 tips for kickboxing pants
Is a pair of kickboxing pants short or long? Both are correct, because the correct choice of pants depends on the discipline. You can find answers to this question and more in our FAQ.
Features of the pants
No. 1: Things to know about kickboxing pants
The first big difference to the East Asian martial arts is that here you almost always have to buy the jacket and pants separately. Only very few overalls or combinations are offered, which is probably due to the WAKO rules.
However, the functions are the same: Absorption of sweat to cool the body and ensure maximum mobility without sticking.
Kickboxing pants are produced in two basic variants. The first variant is similar to shorts in Muay Thai or boxing and covers only the hips and thighs, while the second goes down to the ankles.
Short or long
No. 2: Short or long pants for kickboxing?
The difference here is not important in training for the time being, but for the admission to the competition it makes a big difference. In the following a short overview, which kickboxing pants you need in which discipline at the WAKO:
|Pointfighting||Long kickboxing pants|
|Light contact||Long kickboxing pants|
|Full contact||Long kickboxing shorts|
|VK with Low Kick||Shorts|
Sizes and colors of kickboxing pants
No. 3: What size in the pants?
Due to the wide cut shape, there are again standard sizes, which are measured only on the body size. Separate awards of length and width as with a pair of jeans you will not find here, but often the familiar designations S, M, L appear in connection with the size. The kickboxing pants usually sits by an elastic band on the hip, in some cases also by a combination of the elastic band with a lacing.
In the available colors is, on the part of dealers, no limit to the imagination. Very many colors are available, with black and red dominating the offer. Interestingly, the WAKO rulebook does not specify the competition colors.
Materials and manufacturer
No. 4: Popular manufacturers of kickboxing shorts
For the shorts and ankle-length pants, the same rules generally apply in terms of material and cleaning. In most cases, the clothing is made of pure polyester or polyamide, which makes little difference, as they are both synthetic fibers. A combination of these two fibers or with other fabrics is also possible.
Well-known manufacturers from whom you can buy kickboxing pants are, as always, the martial arts outfitters Kwon and Ju Sports with inexpensive entry-level models. In addition, the brands Adidas and Top Ten are available on the market with somewhat higher priced products. The price difference here is quite small compared to other ranges.
Cleaning the pants
No. 5: Tips for cleaning the pants
As mentioned above, polyester and polyamide on both sides are synthetic fibers with good properties for sports use, but they have their edges when it comes to cleaning.
- In general, these fabrics should not be washed above 40°C and the tumble dryer is also one of the natural enemies of kickboxing pants. In general, you should simply refrain from treating them with anything that involves heat, unless the washing instructions say otherwise. This also eliminates the need for ironing, as the plastics could melt in the process.
- For the wash cycle, it is best to put the kickboxing pants separately in the machine or only wash them together with soft clothing without zippers. Also, any garments with metal buttons or buckles can cause serious damage to the soft materials.
- For the spin cycle, it’s best to choose a low speed of 600 rpm and let the pants hang on the line for a few extra hours later.
Update: 2023-01-20 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API